Saturday 6 July 2013

FAL Q2 Scrappy Arrows

Awhile ago I started  a quilt using scrap triangles from the Tula Pink Quilt.

The quilt made it onto the FAL Q1 list, but I didn't manage to complete it! It then went onto FAL Q2 list... and it is finished!


It is made up of scrappy triangles sewn straight onto a white background. The seams are open to able to fray!

It did start out rectangular, but when I had finished quilting I realised that backing did not match up anymore!

So I took a rotary cutter and started cutting the edges into free hand curves!


 I have never bound a curvy quilt, so it I set off adding the binding quite nervously.... how was it going to work?

Turns out it worked a treat!


I quilted the quilt with pebbles, snail shells, swirls and feathers!

It was great fun and adding loads of texture to the quilt.


I love the back just as much as the front!!


So the last finished of FAL Q2 was a fun exploration into more curves and FMQ textures!


1 comment:

  1. I love this Anna - so cute and great FMQ on all the negative space. It will be so tactile when all the arrows have frayed. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete