Wednesday 19 June 2013

FAL Q2 - Trip Around the World!

This week has been a momentous week with 2 quilts from my FAL Q2 list finished!

The first one has be delivered to the boy's school this afternoon!


I loved making this quilt top, but I don't like the finished design!

The process of making the scrappy along is so much fun and super quick!

To quilt it I decided to practice writing using FMQ. It is for the older children at the school so I quilted reading quotes into the quilt.


The thread shows up on some fabrics and not on others so the kids will need to look closely to find the words:


I loved quilting it! Putting words into quilts was great fun!

The quotes I quilted were:

"Once you learn to read, you will be forever free" Frederick Douglass

"I have always imagined that paradise would be a kind of library" Jorge Luis Borges

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" Groucho Marx

My favourite is the last quote!

Along the bottom I put the words Enjoy, Read and Learn.

It has turned out pretty fun!



Hopefully the kids at the school will enjoy exploring the words and snuggling under the quilt in their new reading den!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's so interesting how "everyone" has done one of these TALs and they all look so different! The layout of yours, with the radiating diamonds, is so cool. I love the idea of putting words in the quilting for kids to hunt out. I think a scrap quilt is a great I-spy exercise anyway, so to add words is very appropriate! Congrats, good finish.

    ReplyDelete