Friday 31 May 2013

Trying out new FMQ designs

I am working my way through quilting Maxi's curvy quilt.

A couple of weeks ago I shared my plans for the solid colour sky sections, using swirls and pebbles.


In each of the other parts of the quilt I have been experimenting with other FMQ designs:


This is triangles in a paisley shape, they are within a window surrounded by ovals floating over the fabric:


I love the contrast in design in each shape.


In another block I used messy spirals that meander over the space.


With this quilted interconnected triangular spirals, the texture is lovely!


In this orange window I quilted wavy lines close together:


These are surrounded by arches that reflect the arches of the London city scape on the fabric.


This window has a meandering design with tight swirls. It was great fun to quilt:


Some close, parallel lines..


I love these interlinking square swirls. The look like the building print they are on.


Together the combine to make a gorgeous block!


The quilt is coming together so well. I love the different textures and designs.

I am about 1/2 way through and I would like to get it finished for his birthday on Tuesday so there are going to be quite a few late nights ahead this weekend!

Linking up with FMQ Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I do like a mixture of quilting patterns on a quilt. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting to look at all the ideas you put together on one piece. nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such nice closeup photos of your work make it easy to follow along. They are lovely and are working very well on your quilt. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great selection of patterns!

    ReplyDelete