Thursday 7 March 2013

FMQ

Over the next few weeks I have 2 patchwork classes getting ready to have a go at Free Motion Quilting (FMQ) and to help with reducing my paperwork pile as well as to enable my lovely students to access the info I am going to be giving them I thought a series of blog posts would be a good idea!



So what is FMQ?

It is machine quilting with no rules - well that is how I like to think of it!!

It is a way to be to creative and finish your quilts by adding texture and design beyond patchwork - and there are no rules!

But there are some things that will make your FMQ go much more smoothly....

So the topics I am going to cover are:
  • Trouble Shooting
All of these things can affect your FMQ and result in frustration!

Each post will have some hints and tips as well as the best place to get supplies in the UK.

If you want to keep track of the posts, make sure you follow the blog and post any questions in the comments so I can help to answer your questions!

So tomorrow we will start our FMQ journey by looking at Threads!




No comments:

Post a Comment