Friday 14 September 2012

Getting Withdrawl....

As a fabric addict I need to be near fabric everyday, I need to sew, I need to design...

At the moment i am snowed under with paperwork for courses I am running for Adult Education and juggling my 4 year old and his friend whilst they settle into school.

This gives me 3.5 hours in the morning to either run a class or do paperwork. Trying to do work in the afternoons has proven to be too difficult! Sewing is way too hard...

So I am starting to feel withdrawal.... A slight anxiety about when I will be able to play around with fabrics and design a new quilt...

I have so many plans and it doesn't help that blog posts from other quilters land in my in box nearly everyday... I have quilters envy!

This week I ordered some lovely fabric from Fat Quarter Shop in the states:


I had the privilege of meeting Tula Pink at the Festival of quilts and her range of Prince Charming fabrics are the ones I chose for my Anything Goes Quilting Bee block:

 
 
I have also joined the Bloggers Choice Monthly club, so have a lovely surprise bundle of fabrics arriving in the next couple of weeks! So exciting!
 

This weekend is contact weekend, so I would normally have some quilt free, child free sewing time. But I have 2 days to Scouting training... First Aid on Saturday and Safeguarding on Sunday... then I can finally be invested as an Assistant Mini Scout leader and Cubs Leader..... my sewing plans are on hold again.....
 


No comments:

Post a Comment