Monday 17 December 2012

No Words...

Like many people on Friday, when the news broke about the shootings in Newtown, CT, I went and hugged my boys very close... to have dropped off your children at a place they should be safe and protected, a place where they have fun.... and to never see them again is every parents worst nightmare...

Words fail me...

Then there are the surviving children, who will carry that pain and sadness for the rest of their lives....

Will wonder why.....

As I have held mine close this morning, an idea struck me...

As quilters we know that our quilts give so much comfort to adults and children alike... is there a way I can do more than just hug my own children... Can I send a hug to a child in pain and confusion on the other side of the world?

I would like to make a lap quilt to send to a child from Newtown, I want to send a hug across the world and let them know I care..

How do I do this?

Are people already organising to do it?

How do I help?

No comments:

Post a Comment