Monday 31 December 2012

Good Bye 2012

Over the last few days I have enjoyed reading everyones good bye's to 2012, which has been fun.

It has been wonderful to see the finished quilts, the goals completed and read the stories of so many amazing bloggers.

It has made me think about my year.... and I have had to think long and hard..

Finished June 2012

2012 was a year of change because:

  • I realised I can teach - I am good at it - and more the point I realised I can teach sewing!

  • I changed my whole business plan with the help of my fabulous business coach Gail Gibson and gorgeous friend Liz. With their support and encouragement I am not living my dream...

  • I stood up for my children and said no more. The change has made my boys lives happier and more secure.
After school club sewing group

 
In 2012 I learnt a lot about myself:

  • I learnt that although I feel like a burden to the people around me sometimes because I reply on them to listen to worries, I am not a burden. My friends love me and will drop everything to help me even when I have fallen in the road and broken 3 ribs in the rain...

  • I have learnt that it is OK to be a size 16, and I should stop hiding in clothes that are too baggy - I have curves and they are lovely!

  • I have learnt that I can do anything I set my mind to!

  • I have learnt that a tidy house doesn't equal happy children - hence the fact my house is a tip and my boys are happy!

I have started thinking about 2013 and what I would like to achieve, but I know whatever happens my boys and I will have an adventure and loads of fun!

 
I hope you have a very Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. I really admire your honesty in all of your blog posts. Here's to a fantastic New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope you have happy and love filled 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on everything you've accomplished in 2012, Anna. I've come to follow your blog and look forward to getting to know you better in 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you! Hope you have a crafty 2013 as well!

      Delete
  4. How cool that you teach sewing to children- what a wonderful way to share such a wonderful talent and gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I love it, they have no fear and are so full of enthusiasm!

      Delete