Friday, 23 November 2012

It's all gone hexy...

For the last few months I have slowly been working on my EPP for my HexyMF quilt along.

Slowly putting the hexagons together into flowers:

Th plan had been to put them together according to the Hexy MF pattern, but since have put together 40 flowers I have changed my mind...

When I put them on the design wall to have a look at, I moved them around and decided I would like to try a different layout:

The idea is to have hexagons, single flowers and flowers placed into bigger hexagons.... this had led me to having to decide how to put the hexagons together...

I either attach them to a single background or make more hexagons using the background fabric and grow the quilt slowly.

Being me I opted for the second option! So have started cutting out hexagons from my precious Mode Weave so I can start putting the quilt together... I may be some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment