Monday 2 July 2012

Making a leap...


Image from LuciusArt on Etsy
At the start of June, I made a decision to jump... jump off the track I was following with my business and catch another train instead. It was a hard decision and one that I had crept up on me. The kinda of decision that your brain has been telling you to take, but you decide to ignore for as long a possible..

So I made that leap and it felt good for the first few hours... I posted a blog over at funky diva designs and the response was amazing. The support and love from friends blew me away!

That was Monday... by Tuesday I was having a full blown panic about my decision! Honestly I paced my house and studio panicking about everything I was seemlyingly throwing away!

I decided to do something postive, so I emailed 2 local arts centres with a view to teaching adults and children there - after all teaching is the reason I changed track.... I then went back to panicking!

By Wednesday evening I had finished an artist in school session at St Mary's School, as well as my art school club there and was getting ready for college, when I had an email requesting I attend and interview at one of the arts centres on August - Result! Then as I was unpacking the car I had a phone call from the other one asking me for an interview the following Wednesday!

I must have looked a sight grinning from ear to ear and jumping around my drive like a mad lunatic!

These are small steps to the life and career I want, but they are positive steps!

The interview went well I have 2 courses booked in, including a Wednesday evening quilting course!

Since I made my decision, friends have been double checking me... have a done the right thing, they ask.... My answer is 100% yes!

My teaching workload is slowly growing and I have picked up a couple of sewing commissions for pieces of textile art, but more importantly my ability to cope with 3 small boys as a single parent has grown - they are after all the most important part of my life!

2 comments:

  1. It all sounds good, Anna. You know what they say; if it's meant for you, it won't pass you by. And it sounds like the Universe is telling you, you're doing the right thing. Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so much fun! Well done! It's always good to shake it up :) Good luck with it, sounds fab!

    ReplyDelete