Saturday 12 January 2013

5 days without....

I am back after a 5 day break with the boys...

I could write that it was restful - that would be lying...

I could write that I feel re-charged - again I would be lying..

3 manic boys on a Centre Parcs holiday is a recipe for a tired mummy! We cycled,we swam, we walked, we ate hug pancakes and we cycled some more!

The thing about lone parent holidaying is that the parenting part becomes hyper intense as the boys don't have their usual comforts and distractions - You are the all singing, all dancing entertainment centre!

It is exhausting!

I loved our break, it was great to connect with the boys.

Maxi shocked me with his maturity and ability to take care of himself, midi wasn't himself after a very nasty virus and to be honest pushed me to my limits of not having a nervous breakdown in public, but still wonderful to be with! Mini was a joy - a crazy talking, hyper active, gorgeous, red headed bundle of craziness!

So I learnt a lot about my boys, and I have aching legs from cycling up and down the blinking paths at Longleat!

I also learnt that going 5 days without using a sewing machine to create is very hard!

Coming home last night I went to check on my lovely ladies,especially Ellie the Elna and put the heating on for them... gazing out of my kitchen window at the lit up studio last night, I had the urge to go and sew, but I was too tired to action it...

I also agreed whilst I was away to not take the laptop, mini told me I kept missing the fun! I checked work emails on my phone twice a day - a mock Ofsted inspection of courses is always an email you need to read asap!

It was enlightening not having access to so much technology, and I did get to see the boys in new ways...

Technology is so embedded in our lives and our work that sometimes we forgot to look up..

I did this week and I saw 3 gorgeous boys......

I plan on looking up more often, otherwise I might miss them becoming men....


No comments:

Post a Comment