Saturday 5 January 2013

Goals to Achieve....

I don't really believe in New Years Resolutions... in the past I have set so many - get fitter, diet, do this, do that... then I fail by 3rd January and used to feel totally lost... useless!

Now I just write myself a list of goals each month, they help me to focus at the start of the month on what I want to achieve. Plus it means you can set little targets and get a sense of achievement by completing them...

So each month I will be recording my goals here so I can see how I am doing...


January

1. Write more comments on other peoples blogs

I have been reading other peoples blogs for months, and I never have the confidence to comment. This month I aim to leave one comment a day for a fellow blogger - something to make them smile! I know that comments on my blog make me smile!

2. To learn about colour

I am really interested in working with colour palettes, but I am also interesting in learning about the history of colour. Simple Things magazine have an article this month with extracts from Colour a Journey by Victoria Alexander, which I think is a good starting point...

 

3. Learn how to take better pictures

When I made bags I learnt the best way to take photos of my work, but quilts are proving to be more elusive.... I really want to improve the quality of my pictures so they properly reflect my work....

Setting 3 means I am more likely to succeed - and not a diet in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment