Friday 11 January 2013

Photos!

I mentioned at the weekend that one of my January goals is to work on my photography skills for the blog.

I find quilts quite hard to take photograph, plus the light in the UK is none existent at this time of year - it is wall to wall grey clouds!

So I have started investigating the processes and found these blogs:



I found Bijou Lovely when I signed the Process Pledge earlier in the week. Holly has written a fabulous blog post sharing her 10 Tips for Better Blog Photos. She shares all her tips and tricks for getting the best out your camera and creations. If you read her blog you her pictures are amazing, so she is the perfect tutor!

I also found this really comprehensive about taking photos, including lighting and hanging quilts:

 
Called Shoot That Quilt, the blog post is written by Andy Braid and Holly Knott. It a fantastic on line resource about taking photos with so much information that it is going to take more than one sitting to read it all....
 
 
How do you photograph your work?
 
Have you got any tips you are willing to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment